Racer and Visitor Guide
Welcome to beautiful Lakeport, California and the second annual RPP Hobby Lakeport Downtown Criterium presented by Conser Land Surveying!
The city of Lakeport is located in Lake County, California and is situated on the north shore of California’s largest natural Lake, Clear Lake. Lakeport and Lake County has long been a tourist and vacation destination since the early 1900’s and boast the cleanest air in California, which makes for excellent cycling!
Our race is in a festival-like atmosphere in a quaint vacation destination. We have created an event that includes a live DJ, beer from our own local micro brewery (race sponsor O’Meara Brothers Brewery), and many local restaurants and bars right on the race course making for exciting spectator viewing.
The race course itself is literally one block from the beautifully maintained lakefront city park where you and your family and friends can picnic, swim, fish or even rent jet skis on site! If you are a boater, wakeboarder , bass fisherman or dirt bike rider, we encourage you to bring your toys as our community is perfect for all those activities following your race or the day after!
Pro Tips for an Excellent Race Weekend
We highly recommend getting here early! Remember to take the exit 103/11th Street exit from Highway 29 and proceed to the only STOP sign at the “T” intersection of 11th & Main Street. At this “T” intersection turn right and head into downtown Lakeport. You may park anywhere along Main Street between 11th Street and 4th Street, or in the lakefront dirt parking lot across from 8th Street. The pro tip, however, is to turn RIGHT at the 11th Street intersection and then turn left at 5th Street and right into the lakefront city parking lot and continue toward the big city park with the gazebo! This puts you on the water and less than 1 block from the crit course, beer garden, sign ups, restaurants and more!
NOTE: if you take Exit 102/Lakeport Blvd you may be turned around and sent back to Highway 29 to use exit 103. Exit 102/Lakeport Blvd will take you to the sourthern end of Main Street which will be closed for the crit course and is the furthest point from the action and festivities, but does have several convenience stores, gas stations, and boat & jet ski rentals (at Disney Watersports, one of our sponsors). You may certainly park anywhere on South Main Street or the surface streets if you wish, but the lakefront park and north Main Street are much better!
* = local favorite
- *Park Place Restaurant Outdoor, lakefront, full bar menu
50 3rd Street
- *TnT On the Lake: Lakefront Mexican dining, outdoor seating, amazing margaritas, lake views and full bar menu.
2599 Lakeshore Blvd
- *Sanducci’s Cottage: best breakfast and burgers in town hands down!
1090 N Main St
- Renee’s Cafe
1005 N Main St
- Old World Tavern: full bar on race course
175 N Main St
- Main Street Pizza: on race course
145 N Main St
- *O’Meara Brothers Brew Pub: Race Sponsor! Local micro brewed ales, and excellent food!
- *Fiesta Market: authentic Mexican food, best burritos in town
430 S Main St
More Things to Do
- Concerts in the Park: Friday night will feature live music in Lakeport Library park. Music starts at 6PM, see this page for details.
- Wine Tasting: Lake County is home to over 30 wineries and 8,700 acres of vineyards. Visit LakeCountyWineries.org to learn more.
- More: visit LakeCounty.com for more activity ideas!